Preventing Home Electrical Fires

Most electrical fires in the home result from problems with fixed wiring, such as faulty electrical outlets and old wiring. Problems with cords and plugs, such as extension and appliance cords, also cause many home electrical fires.
Routinely checking your electrical appliances and wiring can help prevent home fires. Frayed and damaged wires can cause fires. Replace all worn, old or damaged appliance cords immediately. Use electrical extension cords wisely and don’t overload them. 
Overloading is a common cause of electrical fires. This happens when you plug too many appliances into the same outlet, extension cord or power strip. Rogoz Electric recommends buying power strips equipped with internal overload protection, in which a strip is shut off if it becomes overloaded.
Keep electrical appliances away from wet floors and counters. Pay special care to electrical appliances in the kitchen and bathroom like irons, hair dryers or irons, and even lamps. Any electrical appliance can start a fire if it makes contact with flammable materials like blankets, towels and rugs. 
Always hire a licensed electrical contractor like Rogoz Electric for all your residential and commercial electrical needs! 623-363-5648